Health Fairs | Speaker Requests
Our dynamic Speakers Bureau and Health Fair volunteers are specifically trained to represent Komen Upstate at health fairs and educational programs sponsored by community groups, corporations, and other local organizations. Volunteers provide basic breast health information, discuss the importance of early detection as the key to survival and share breast cancer resources available in the community.
We get many requests for speakers, health fairs, and educational materials, and we are happy to try to accommodate your needs either with staff or volunteer appearances. We ask that you place your request as far in advance as possible as this increases the chance of availability for your event. Appearances are free, but of course, donations from the organization and/or attendees are always appreciated. In most cases, we will not participate in events that charge a fee for non-profit participation.
To request a Speaker or a representative to attend your upcoming health fair, event or presentation, please complete the Speaker/Tabling Request Form.
Health Fair/Speaker Requests:
- Requests must be received at least four weeks prior to event date.
- A speaker or representative is not guaranteed for your event.
- Due to limited resources, we request a minimum audience of 20 for speaking requests.
- Donations are always appreciated to help offset the costs of the materials for these programs.
- It is not our policy to participate in events that charge a fee for non-profit participation.
Please note: until you submit the official request form and receive confirmation from our office – your event will not be added to our calendar.