Volunteers come in all sizes, shapes and colors, but their hearts are pink and their caring has no limit! Are you a leader, a thinker or a doer? Use your talents toward our promise to save lives and end breast cancer forever! We need you now more than ever.
As a volunteer, every minute you spend helping gives another minute of hope to those affected by breast cancer. Whether you’re able to give two hours during an event, or two hours once per month in a regional office, you can be assured that your investment of time is well spent supporting the urgent needs of breast cancer survivors in your community.
Ongoing Volunteer Needs
Currently, all of our regional offices are looking for ongoing help with:
- Administrative & Office Support — database entry, phone calls, mailings, etc.
- Committee Volunteers — planning various events including our MORE THAN PINK Walk, Race for the Cure, Survivor Luncheon, Komen Night In White, Pink Tie Affair and other fundraisers
- Community Outreach & Engagement — supporting speakers bureaus, tabling events and educational fairs put on by community groups or large corporations who invest in our mission
- Grants Review & Fund Allocations — reviewing and discussing annual grant proposals and presenting recommendation to our Affiliate’s board of directors
- Leadership and Governance — joining Komen Upstate’s volunteer Board of Directors
If you are interested in volunteering regularly, please call 716.389.1172 or email email@example.com. You can also complete our Volunteer Application and so that we have a better idea of how to match your interests and talents with the immediate needs we have currently.
One of our biggest needs throughout the year is volunteer support for our regional signature Komen events – our MORE THAN PINK Walks (Syracuse in May and Buffalo in June) and our Race for the Cure (Elmira in May). These events are only possible with 100-200 volunteers like you!!
Help is needed with event planning, registration and packet pick ups, packing and moving supplies, setting up, manning merchandise tables and survivor tents, food and beverage support, managing volunteers, donations, operations on the course, parking and more!!
Additionally, after the event day, help is also needed with data entry and critical follow up to those who participated.
If you are interested in volunteering for an event in your region, please call 716.389.1172 or email firstname.lastname@example.org so that we can connect you with the lead of that particular event.
If you are a student interested in an internship, please email your resume to email@example.com. Please include your course of study, the requirements of your program (including the number of hours you need to complete and the date you need them by), and the reason you are interested in interning with Komen Upstate New York.