How to Apply for Funding
Susan G. Komen® Upstate New York is the top local source for funding programs that administer breast health and breast cancer screening, support, education, and survivorship programs and serves 49 counties, including 3 in Pennsylvania. Komen Upstate New York maintains offices in Elmira, Albany, Buffalo and Syracuse.
Komen Upstate NY has two approaches to grant-making – 1) “Community Grants” that are awarded once a year and 2) “Small Grants” up to $5,000 that are awarded for short-term programs throughout the year.
Top consideration is given to projects that address Komen Upstate NY’s funding priorities, outlined here.
To be eligible for funding from Susan G. Komen® Upstate New York, applicants must fulfill the following criteria:
- Applicants must ensure that all past and current Komen-funded grants or awards are up-to-date and in compliance with Komen requirements.
- Applicant has tax exempt status under the Internal Revenue Service code
- Applicants must provide services to one or more of the following counties in the Upstate NY service area – see below.
- Project must be specific to breast health and/or breast cancer.
- If applicant, or any of its key employees, directors, officers or agents is convicted of fraud or a crime involving any other financial or administrative impropriety, then applicant is not eligible to apply for a grant during this current cycle and will not be eligible to apply for a new grant until the later of 12 months after the conviction or until applicant can demonstrate that appropriate remedial measures have been taken to ensure that any criminal misconduct does not recur.
- For more information email email@example.com
Our service area includes the following counties:
New York: Albany, Allegany, Broome, Cattaraugus, Cayuga, Chautauqua, Chemung, Chenango, Clinton, Columbia, Cortland, Erie, Essex, Franklin, Fulton, Genesee, Green, Hamilton, Herkimer, Jefferson, Lewis, Livingston, Madison, Monroe, Montgomery, Niagara, Oneida, Onondaga, Ontario, Orleans, Oswego, Rensselaer, Saratoga, Schenectady, Schoharie, Schuyler, Seneca, St. Lawrence, Steuben, Tioga, Tompkins, Warren, Washington, Wayne, Wyoming, Yates
Pennsylvania: Bradford, Potter, Tioga
Komen Upstate NY uses GeMS, a complete online grant management system that allows grant applicants to complete their applications, Affiliates to complete the review process, and grantees to submit progress and final reports online. All applications must be submitted online through the Komen Grants e-Management System (GeMS): https://affiliategrants.komen.org
You can link to a guide for GeMS here.
*Please note: Susan G. Komen is not a direct service provider. We do not provide funds directly to individuals for screening or treatment, nor do we determine individual eligibility, make referrals, or influence the screening or treatment decisions of the organizations that we fund.
To download the 2018-2019 Request for Application (RFA) and other relevant documents, please click below:
Questions about Community Grants & the Grants e-Management System should be directed to:
Denise Trondsen at 607-203-0105 or firstname.lastname@example.org